Benson Idahosa University aspires to be model for Academics, Professionals and Entrepreneurs, who will be effective disciples for Christ by excelling in their professional fields. It will be distinguished by high performance in interdisciplinary research, addressing national and international problems, eliminating wrong behavior patterns among students and becoming a storehouse of knowledge to be used for benefit of mankind on Christian ethical principles designed to change the nation and the continent by changing one student’s life at a time. Our key services are teaching, research, community development, and character building. We perform these functions by judiciously utilizing current information and communication technology, networking with similar institutions worldwide, putting people first in operations and emphasizing Christian ethical values. BIU is a private Christian University providing state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and professional education. We are committed to the mission of raising leaders for the nation, who are complete in spirit, mind and body, thus contributing to the production of high-level leadership and quality manpower for the nation and the world. The beneficiaries of the University’s service are students, employers of labor, present and future generations, Nigeria and the global community
- Developing PR strategies and campaigns.
- Preparing press releases, keynote speeches and promotional materials.
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders, media, and the public.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management.
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases.
- Organize PR events (eg, open days, press conferences) and serve as the institution's spokesperson.
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising.
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties. Track media coverage and follow industry trends. Prepare and submit PR reports.
- Manage PR issues including crises.
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc / LBA in Public Relations, Communications, or a related field.
- Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role.
- Experience in managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing, and editing publications.
- Proficient in MS Office and social media.
- Must be familiar with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus.
- Strong communication ability (oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Creativity and problem-solving attitude.
Conditions of Service
Remuneration and other conditions of service are as determined by the Governing Council of the University and are highly attractive.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now