ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Purpose of the Job
- The Maintenance Quality Control Supervisor oversees maintenance of ipNX fiber optic & civil work activities on the outside plant network.
- The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day- to- day maintenance and management of the outside plant, taking into consideration Customer and Local Authority organizations in the maintenance of the fiber outside plant.
- The role is expected to involve a significant element of on-site attendance.
- Point to Point and GPON Fiber Fix Supervision
- Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 3 hours of its occurrence- Implementation and integration of new projects and ensure all open incident tickets are closed within this time-frame.
- Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 8 hours of its occurrence.
- Field to base Communication: Provide prompt feedback for input into the OTRS application with information relating to activities being carried out to resolve customer service incidents.
- Preventive Maintenance Proactively drive MSPs to identify, plan and execute preventive maintenance action on the fiber network.
- Enforce active engagement of construction works (road and real estate) by MSPs to mitigate damage to ipNX fiber infrastructure.
- Enforce active monitoring of trenching activities by otherPTOs along our fiber route.
- Provide operational data for all Corrective and preventive activity on the wire-line Network that feeds into the improvement of fiber break-fix MTTR.
- Audit and collate information for the fiber wire-line network. Prepare and submit the as-maintained documents after every network activity.
- Provide network data for processing change request approvals
- Provide monthly cabinet utilization report
- Report Management Ensure weekly support status reports are done and submitted timely for review.
- Submit as-is fiber break-fix report per ticket
- Submit monthly cabinet utilization report
- Submit out of scope BOM and supporting document for PO approvals
- Others Assessment, Acceptance test and Hand-over
- Documentation from project deployment team and MSPs which includes, Installation of Poles, Hand-Hole and duct calibration
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Academic: University Degree in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Proven track records of maintenance and management of metro and/or long distance fiber optic infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms and technical requirements with regard to fiber & civil work maintenance.
- FTTx and/or P2P fiber deployment and maintenance experience are distinct advantages i.e. fiber termination using fusion splice machines, testing & analyzing fiber links with OTDR and Light
- Source/Power Meters (LSPM), identifying fiber cores with VFLs.
- Capable of understanding fiber network architectures, designs & splice plans.
- An inherent culture of documenting concise and accurate “As-Is” status of network elements and splice configuration, in a consistent manner.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now