MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa\'s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria. Since launch in August 2001, MTN has steadily deployed its services across Nigeria. It now provides services in 223 cities and towns, more than 10,000 villages and communities and a growing number of highways across the country, spanning the 36 states of the Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Many of these villages and communities are being connected to the world of telecommunications for the first time ever. The company\'s digital microwave transmission backbone, the 3,400 Kilometre Y\'elloBahn was commissioned by President Olusegun Obasanjo in January 2003 and is reputed to be the most extensive digital microwave transmission infrastructure in all of Africa. The Y\'elloBahn has significantly helped to enhance call quality on MTN network.
- To support in identifying new device technology and coordinate the development and review of test processes and procedures for all broadband device categories.
- To ensure device distribution and stock management in compliance with laid-down processes and procedures in alignment with the regional sales teams.
- Manage broadband device quality, testing, performance, and functionality in line with business needs and network compatibility
- Develop strategies and collaborate with internal stakeholders on broadband device category requirements, packaging, and procurement.
- Provide regular support and updates to vendors and users where technical upgrades or support are required for device performance and functionality.
- Ensure broadband device categories are bundled with approved data propositions and relevant information.
- Monitor broadband device performance and coordinate feedback and swap processes on defective, faulty, or damaged devices.
- Provide outstanding technical support with the use of a variety of technical tools to analyze and troubleshoot issues in real-time and investigate solutions.
- Execute all periodic device-related initiatives.
- Work with regional technical staff in the areas of device performance, fault and escalation management, and effective solutions.
- Work with regional field sales staff in the area of logistics and planning to undertake effective sales activities.
- Work with marketing, IT, NWK, and GSSC to ensure device quality management.
- First degree in social sciences or computer science or engineering
- Fluent in English
3–7 years’ experience in an area of specialization, with experience working with others to include:
- Experience in project planning, product testing, customer support, engineering, or a related function
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Telecoms experience would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a medium organization
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now