Coca-Cola is the most popular and biggest-selling soft drink in history. An icon of all times, Coca-Cola is the best-known product in the world. Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in and outside the United States taking Coca-Cola to consumers in other parts of North America and Europe and in subsequent years to other parts of the world. In 1951, the refreshing wave of Coca-Cola arrived in Nigeria and has remained a hit with consumers across the country. Packages Coca-Cola is available in: 35cl and 50cl classic glass contour bottle; 33cl on-the-go Can, 50cl and 1.5L PET bottle. Ingredients Carbonated water, sugar, Carbon-dioxide, caffeine, Phosphoric acid, caramel color and flavouring.
About the Role
- This role supports the Brand Management activity for Edrington brands across Nigeria.
- The role contributes to the planning, execution and delivery of local brand strategies & marketing activities as directed by the Brand Manager and also forms part of and contributes to the wider regional marketing community across the MEAI region.
- Assist on all brand & marketing activities as per direction by Brand Manager that delivers for both the internal needs of the business and the requirements of our external brand partners while responding to market enquiries from trade & consumers.
- Assist on the management of spending of annual A&P budgets aligned with the Brand Manager & Distribution Partner reviewing on a monthly & quarterly basis.
- Support the implementation of global campaigns & develop local campaigns where appropriate working closely with local agencies.
- Support the completion of Growth Plans and be involved with the regional growth planning process.
- Support the day to day relationship with Distribution Partner alongside Brand Manager – ensuring brand priorities are aligned.
- Ensure wider MEAI team are kept up to date with all in market activities & activity report to be completed on a monthly basis as directed by the Brand Manager.
- Ensure all localised activities and plans are in line with brand owner guidelines and relevant legal requirements as well as Edrington Global Marketing Code.
- Keeping up to date with market trends & insights & communicating relevant data to the wider team.
- Complete specialist project work as requested by Senior Area Manager, Brand Manager or Regional Senior Marketing Manager.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- 5 years Marketing Experience preferably in the Premium Spirit Industry.
- Experience of working within emerging markets beneficial.
- Experience of managing budgets effectively and a strong commercial mindset or background.
- Experience in luxury goods and/or the spirits industry or interest in the whisky category would be advantageous.
- Experience with Category or space management would be beneficial.
Are these your ingredients?
- Strong presentation skills & ability to engage an audience
- Attention to detail & passion for work
- Strong Initiative and ability to make things happen – with high personal drive and motivation skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence
- English a must (strong writing & oral skills)
- Computer literate and competent in Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now