Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country and the 7th most populous country in the world with over 175 million people. Nigeria has continued to grow, urbanize, and modernize and it is projected that at its current growth rate, it will reach a population of about 450 million people by 2050 and will be the 3rd most populous country in the world. However, Nigeria also stands at number '2’ in the world for number of people living with HIV-with about 3.3 million infected. At present, 45% of the entire population is younger than 18 years old, which has serious and important implications for Nigeria’s population growth. One can postulate that in the next ten years, almost half of Nigeria’s population will be reaching reproductive age. At the moment, approximately 45 million Nigerian women are of reproductive age and maternal mortality rates are high at 630 deaths/100,000 live births and neonatal mortality rate at 39 deaths/1000 births. Furthermore, 20% of Nigerian women report an unmet need for family planning and total fertility rate is high at 5.7 children per woman. Nigeria currently has a contraceptive prevalence rate (CPR) of 17.5% CPR but Nigeria’s Minister of Health has made reaching 36% contraceptive prevalence rate by 2018, a national goal. DKT Nigeria will contribute to reaching that goal by providing a variety of contraceptive options such as condoms, IUDs, oral contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, injectables and implants, using innovative marketing. In addition, DKT will target adolescents with youth-friendly reproductive services by branding and promoting products that will take into play the multi-cultural character of Nigeria, and through advertising especially via modern market advertising like social media. DKT will help Nigeria realize its female reproductive health goals by providing effective, safe, affordable and quality contraceptive products aimed at reducing misconceptions about birth control, increasing HIV prevention awareness and confronting HIV transmission, increasing contraceptive options, ease of choice and accessibility through innovative marketing strategies and wide distribution across the country. DKT will distribute these products using a social marketing approach, which leverages the private and public sectors, targets the urban and rural communities and promotes open communication and re-education about family planning, sex, and birth control. In 2014, DKT Nigeria sold over 16 million condoms, more than 60,000 IUDs, and became one of the first programs globally to offer Sayana Press injectable contraceptives, selling 18,900. This translates into 871,927 couple years of protection.
We have a challenging and inspirational mission to improve family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention in Nigeria through social marketing and promotion & distribution of our products.
- Responsible for brand/category building, liaising with agencies, identifying business partnerships, and organising promotional activities aimed at achieving KPIs.
- Monitor market trends, research competitor activities and identify opportunities or key issues.
- Lead creative development of promotional materials that will motivate the target audience to purchase your brand.
- Preparation of brand marketing plan, brand sales analysis, and follow-up for strategic implementation.
- Measure and report the performance of all marketing campaigns against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Overseeing above-the-line activities including TV, Radio, outdoor publications, print, etc.
- Oversee below-the-line activities including banners, stickers, promotions, etc.
- Drive content for social media marketing (including Facebook, Twitter, all social media, blog, website, etc.) for the brands and execute accordingly.
- At least three years of relevant working experience as a brand manager preferably in the FMCG or OTC industry.
- Sales oriented and driven.
- University degree in health science, business administration, or any related field
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Advanced presentation and analytical skills
- Strong social media knowledge and presence
- Highly creative with the ability to think out of the box.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and marketing practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,h and Excel
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now