The Simba Group is a conglomerate, operating in Nigeria’s key industry verticals including Communications, Agriculture, Software, Transportation, Power and Alternative Energy. We have over 20 years of experience in Nigeria, and in that time have developed loyal and strong distribution channels, across our range of products, as well as a deep understating of the socio-demographic environment which has contributed to our success as a marketing organization. We understand that purchasing our products often represents a large-scale investment on the part of our customers and even our corporate clients. Offering them high quality products and services that meet their expectations requires us to have a deep understating of their needs and a commitment to excellence throughout the organization. Distribution and Reach have always been core to our selling strategy, and today represent our key strengths as a customer-centric organization. Operating from eight branches in Nigeria, our products can be found in every corner of the country and are augmented by the same level of service regardless of how far they are from the Head Office.
Summary of the Role
- Simba Group seeks to fill the role of a IT Support Engineer. The provide technical support for clients experiencing hardware, software, and networking issues.
- As an IT support engineer, you will meet with clients to determine the nature of the problem, diagnose hardware or software issues, provide effective assistance, and maintain strong customer relationships.
- You may also be required to install new software applications and train clients on proper application use
Key Elements of the Role
- Installing and configuring client computer systems.
- Responding to client IT support requests.
- Meeting with clients to diagnose software, networking, or hardware issues.
- Providing technical support on-site or via remote-access systems.
- Troubleshoot & Repair computer systems (Laptop/Server/Desktop/Printer etc ) and keep the record
- Troubleshoot IOS/Windows /MS-Office related issues
- Software update check (Antivirus/ windows / MS-office)
- Ensure Network Uplink uptime (Escalating the issue to responsible body/Vendor/Engineer
- Configure firewall, manage policy
- Email configuration, troubleshooting
- Regular Internet link and structural cable check
- Escalate the Inverter /Battery related issue to inverter team
- Regular check of CCTV , Biometric terminals and VoIP Phones
- Ensure Network access to only authorised person after approval
- Regular Preventive & Corrective maintenance of Network system (Switch / Wireless AP/Firewall)
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Keep the record of IT-assets (Laptop/keyboard/mouse/charger etc)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or HND in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field,
- Minimum of 5 years proven work experience Minimum of 5 years work experience as a technical support engineer in an ICT company
- Proven work experience as a technical support engineer.
- Knowledge of web services, API, and IP-based protocols.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Shell
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now